Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a full set of Scandinavian furniture made in the 1960s.

Customer Question

I have a full set of Scandinavian furniture made in the 1960s. The company's warehouses burnt down at one point and they tried to buy the furniture back. I know that the company has a hyphenated name, and the furniture has identification numbers on all the pieces. I have this in storage and have no idea how to reach someone reputable or how to get it appraised. Can you help? I've been told that it's valuable, have no clue
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Robert S. replied 7 months ago.
Hi Donna,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help.The company is Heywood Wakefield and their furniture is quite sought after at present.I can appraise it right here for you if you like. All I need is a photo of each piece.If you are looking to sell it, I can recommend a suitable and reputable antique auction house, just let me know your zip and I'll see what options there are in your area and most auction houses offer a pick up service to transport the items to their salesrooms.Let me know how you would like to proceed with this.If you don't have photos yet, no problem, your question will stay open for as long as you wish.Hope this helps!Robert. PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.If you get stuck go here for help.http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's the company. I can take and forward pictures on Saturday, if that's okay.
Sure, Saturday would be fine.Talk to you then.Robert