Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I purchased the house about 9 months ago and the elderly lady

Customer Question

I purchased the house about 9 months ago and the elderly lady who sold me the house wanted me to have this painting of a young girl reading by John honore F. It was a gift from her husband who had died over 40 years ago and she asked me to keep it in the home. Where is canvas folds over to the back it has his name and title of painting. Painting seems to be in excellent shape no scratches no smudges but of course I'm no professional. If you have an email address I can send you pictures of all the different angles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable.
Customer: It's such a great painting because when this painting was painted there we're not many women reading at this time. Especially young ones. I believe that's the point he was trying to get across with this painting. Let me know if you need dimensions and pics and I will get them to you ASAP!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The lady that gave it to me said her husband gave it to her as a gift over 40 years ago and she had three children that verified it. Her oldest daughter wanted it but for some odd reason she wanted me to have it to keep in this home. Also shims aged and canvas has old time steeples mounting it. Painting is 12 inches wide and 16 inches tall without frame. With frame it's 16 1/8th wide and 20 and 1/8th tall. Frame is brown with green trimy about an inch in from edge and then brow again and then gold trim around painting! Thank you all for all your help!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,Please add pictures of the painting, signature and the back of the painting bu using the Add Files feature on your screen.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I already sent the files to Customer Service, they forwarded it to you. Thanks
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I had to get help sending pics and had a lot of trouble. She was sending them to yo. Hope you got them!
That will take a while. No need to sit by the computer, you will get an email when I respond.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any idea how long this will take. And can you at least tell me if it's something that I should hold on to?
It will be today. They sent me an email but it had no pictures in it, so I'm just waiting for the next corrected email.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Yes I had to send then one at a time for some reason. She may be trying to combine them all to one emal. Sorry for the inconvenience!