Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am trying to identify the maker of an antique goblet that

Customer Question

I am trying to identify the maker of an antique goblet that belong to my family. I has a smooth inside and a ribbed or threaded glass around the outside. the stem has a twisted design inside the stem. I have taken it to an antique dealer and they could not identify the maker but suggested it was a very fine work of art, most likely a prominate maker from England and considered to be old. Can you help identify the maker?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus image of the underside of this, even if not marked. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Please confirm your receipt of the pictures
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, May I know why this has been attributed to an American maker? ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where did I say it was attributed to an American maker? I have no idea who made it. An antique dealer thought it was English
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
That was a typo, I intended to write English maker.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I wish I could provide additional information but all that is know is that it was part of my mother's estate and family assumed it to be old.
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
That is totally fine :)
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, There are many possibilities to who could have made this, when, and where. I can provide an estimate of value based on the style and craftsmanship, however I cannot definitively identify a maker of this unmarked goblet. Please let me know how you would like to proceed from here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I am not as interested in value as I am in who the goblet was attributed to. Obviously the maker is what determines the value. What would be your best evaluations as to possible makers?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hi, I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you very much for the efforts you provided.