Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have and old wood doll that I bought from an old lady in

Customer Question

I have and old wood doll that I bought from an old lady in Mass. years ago. She has painted black hair and facial features and her arms and legs are carved light wood. Her b
ody is cloth stuffed with I don,t know what. Her arms and legs are attached by old string. Her clothes are very old and her shoes are high top and leather. The lady said she was from about 1750 to 1790. She came with an old black chair with a rope seat. Can you help?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the doll and marks (also look on the back of neck or under clothes for maker marks) so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!