Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

We were hit by a tornado and I have a bronze statue by C. w.

Customer Question

We were hit by a tornado and I have a bronze statue by C. w. Adams called White Man's Buffalo that was given to us and it is damaged and I can find no information on this whatsoever. Do you have any information on this?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: There is a gold plate on it with a C and a small w inside of it and the name of the statue and it is on a wooden base approx. a foot wide and 5-6 in. in depth and a man on a horse roping a longhorn steer. The plate has the name White Man's Buffalo engraved.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 8 months ago.
Good day my name is***** am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you.It would help if I can see images of the bronze. One of the whole work front and back plus one of the signature and plate.Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.
The artist is Charles W. Adams. He is located in Mayer, AZ. He made cold cast bronzes in the 1990's.