Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a painting that was once in Robert Spooner galleries.

Customer Question

I have a painting that was once in Robert Spooner galleries. It is a picture of pink flowers in an oriental vase with a small oriental picture in the background. I do not have it with me at this time to photograph. It is signed but I cannot see the signature because of the frame. Should I remove it from the frame tp see the signature and if it was in his gallery, is it worth looking into? There is a written number on the back. Are paintings that were in that gallery have any value today? I will send a pic later today.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
I really would have to see the painting and the signature as well the mark on the back before I could tell you what you have. You can use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. There is no need to sit by the computer-once you add photos, I will get an email alert and so will you once I give my answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I'll send it later
Great, thanks!