wandwappraisals
wandwappraisals, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  28 years of antiques appraising with Sotheby's and Skinner, Inc. Fine and decorative arts, books, manuscripts and fine art.
70476907

I was given a vase from my father and it has some stamps on

Customer Question

I was given a vase from my father and it has some stamps on the botton:
One is a Lamouge carona the other is worn dow n an more but tends to read grange below possibly a bMgem the then a E below that. It appears to be painted but may be decaled. It was give to my grandparent in 1905 as a wedding gift. It is covered with roses.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  wandwappraisals replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for pursuing an answer on JustAnswer. Your vase would certainly have been made around the time of the wedding and would have been considered a popular wedding gift at the time. Generally speaking, most vases of this type have a combination of decal decoration and hand painting. Run your hand over the surface of the decoration and see if you can feel a true raised aspect to the design. That would indicate some type of hand painting. However, if it is fairly uniform and smooth, it is mostly entirely decal (or Transfer) decorated. I am curious about the markings. It says LIMOGES. Does it also say CORONA? or is it a depiction OF a corona? I would bet the "grange" is a partial of ENGLAND. You wouldn't happen to have a picture of the mark, would you?
Honestly, much of identification part of the equation will be gravy. Generally speaking, an early 20th century vase with mostly transfer print decoration has a retail value of around $100 US. If there is a somewhat substantial amount of hand painting to it (and it is really nice looking) it could be upwards of $200 US. I would be very happy to look at a picture if you have one handy.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will have to send the photos via my cell phone....which we will do to where?
You can send to my cell phone(###) ###-#### *****
Glad we were able to figure it out! All the best, ***** *****