Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I am looking to sell an antique pitcher that I have.

Customer Question

I am looking to sell an antique pitcher that I have. It is a John Turton & Co. Sheffield England, UK Silver-plated & glass pitcher #4. It is hand blown glass and bears the name of the glass blower “Montgomery”. It is stamped with the corresponding hallmarks. It was made sometime around 1910. It is about 16 inches tall. I cab email you images if you are interested. Please let me know if this is something of interest to you and if so, what you would offer. You can email me at***@******.***. Thank you.
Regards,
Trinita
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Hello,
I am looking to sell an antique pitcher that I have. It is a John Turton & Co. Sheffield England, UK Silver-plated & glass pitcher #4. It is hand blown glass and bears the name of the glass blower “Montgomery”. It is stamped with the corresponding hallmarks. It was made sometime around 1910. It is about 16 inches tall. I cab email you images if you are interested. Please let me know if this is something of interest to you and if so, what you would offer.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and any marks on the bottom.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!