Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have an old picture that appears to be lines drawn very close

Customer Question

I have an old picture that appears to be lines drawn very close together. Depicts a family around a table, and a little boy with a dog under the table. Big frame, somewhat ornate. Picture itself has a kind of bleak feeling.
My problem is that I'm totally ignorant regarding art, and at this time I can't afford to have it professionally appraised. I'm just very curious, there's a 5th generation living with it now and he's just as fascinated with it as the rest of us have been.
Any advice? Thanks very much.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value! .Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,.If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !.Click the link: for instructions on uploading images .http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert . Or you may use this method:.Go to www.imgur.com.click on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here..Glenda
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm fighting with the phone and computer trying to send photos. I'll keep working on that.In the meantime, dimensions of the visible part of the picture is 19-1/2 × 17-1/2", overall 31 × 27". It is backed with wood.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The files are too big to send, even send each photo separately the smallest file size is 5,900 so it gets rejected. I could fax, but picture quality wouldn't be good. What now?
HelloYou can upload them to the imgur site. Go to www.imgur.com.click on Computer.Select the picture file from the box that pops up..Hit open..Click on Start Upload.And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here..