ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antique Dealer
61108514

I HAVE A TALLCASE GRANDFATHER CLOCK THAT IS APROXIMATELY 130

Customer Question

I HAVE A TALLCASE GRANDFATHER CLOCK THAT IS APROXIMATELY 130 YEAARS OLD. IT IS AN ELLIOT FROM LONDON ENGLAND. IT IS 90 INCHES HIGH,24 1/4 IN WIDE,DEPTH 18
1/4 IN. CATALOG NUMBER HISTORIC PROPERTY #343. I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THE CLOCK APPRAAISED FOR ESTATE PURPOSES.
SINCERELY
ARTHUR BOYLE
6550 MERIDIAN PKWT
INDIAANAPOLIS, IN. 46220
(###) ###-####
Category: Antiques
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 7 months ago.
Hi Arthur, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. First off very nice clock. The name of Elliott has been synonymous with quality clocks for well over over 100 years. In 1865 ***** ***** Elliott of 156 Cheapside in the City of London, was apprenticed to "Bateman" of 82 St John Street, Smithfield, London., to learn the art of clock making. How many tubes does your clock have? If you could please post photos of your clock so I can give you an accurate value. Thanks Mike
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Clock has one zinc tube.
Art
Hi Art, It should have either 5 or 9 chiming tubes? Thanks Mike
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
MIKE,
GIVE ME A VALUE BASED ON ONE ZINC TUBE. MAYBE THE OTHERS WERE LOST IN SHIPING.
THANKS,
ART
Hi, Without seeing the clock a 5 tube ranges in good body & running condition $5500.00 to excellent body & running condition $8250.00 a 9 tube ranges in good body & running condition $10,250.00 to excellent body & running condition $14900.00. I hope this helps you. Thanks MikeIf you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.
Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your clock? Thanks Mike.PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answerby using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.