Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a very thick piece of glass with a scrolled edge and

Customer Question

I have a very thick piece of glass with a scrolled edge and a hand draw picture of a Kewpie doll with it looks like the name K Smith and a date which I am unable to read? It is maybe 6 to 7 inches wide by 12 inches long. I can take a picture of it and send it email if need be.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would also like to get a value placed on this please as well as were I can take this to be sold. Thank you
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 5 months ago.
HelloIs this mildew on the paper? Is this paper stuck to the glass, as if it were glued to it? The artist who created Kewpie was Rosie O'Neil, in 1909. This appears to be a sketch or the Kewpie by a K Smith how is not a known artist. Glenda
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did a little bit of checking on my own and found out a ***** ***** was a maker of Kewpie Camera. Not sure if this is same K Smith as on paper. No it is not mildew on paper. It looks like it got damp at some point. Yes the paper is stuck to the glass as if glued to it.
HelloI will do some research and get back to you.Glenda
HelloHe did create the Kewpie Camera but, it was not connected to the Kewpie doll. I can not find any artist in any of the data bases that sketched kewpie signed K Smith. I believe this was done by an individual, perhaps a local artist or art student. It can be valued for what it is, and that it is artist signed. Glenda