rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I recently purchased a painting the artist signed it

Customer Question

Hello I recently purchased a painting the artist signed it E. Volkers 1863. I believe the name of the painting is Anxious Foal. I'm not sure what it is worth if any it is in excellent condition. Could you help me determine a price? Thank you, Jennifer
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
This is a print of the painting Anxious Foal by Emil Volkers (1831-1905), a German artist known for equestrian painting.This is a famous painting by this artist and the print looks to have been made circa 1930.The print has a current value of $50.https://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/27291618_emil-volkers-print-the-anxious-foalIt is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.