LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher
52235960

Hinged metal box 7" x 10" x 2.5" tall. It says "MacDonald's

Customer Question

Hinged metal box 7" x 10" x 2.5" tall. It says "MacDonald's Glasgow 'Kilty' Brand Cut Golden Bar' which I think is tobacco. I would love as much info as possible on this item.
http://laisha.com/pix/MacDonald.Tin.03.jpg
http://laisha.com/pix/MacDonald.Tin.06.jpg
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 7 months ago.
Hello, thank you for the question I will look over the photos and post my evaluation back here.
D. & J. Macdonald155 George Street, Glasgow. Est. 1840 Your Tin was produced circa 1890-1910 and was widely sold in Great Britain and Ireland. The tin looks to be in great condition from the photos. the value is $65.00-75.00 in todays market and for insurance purposes the value is $95.00.It was a tobacco tin and was illegal as noted on the tin to sell any other tobacco in the tin other then the J & D Cut Golden Bar Tobacco. Thanks for the question and if I can help further please let me know.If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.
Hello I was checking to see if I may be of further help if I have completed your questions please rate the answer so I may be paid for my work thank you. If you have further questions please let e know and I will be happy to help you on this.
Hello please rate my answer so I may be paid for my work or if I may help you further on this let me know as I am always happy to help you.
this shows as timed out I hope you are able to receive your answer. Please let me know if I may help further and when you have time please rate the answer so I may be paid for my work.