rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a oil painting of his station and 4 aces by c m Coolidge

Customer Question

I have a oil painting of his station and 4 aces by c m Coolidge would like to know if its real and whats its worth. Dogs playing poker
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Best known for his humorous portrayals of anthropomorphized dogs, Cassius Marcellus Coolidge’s other significant accomplishments include founding a bank, a newspaper, and drug stores. He also invented the life-sized carnivalesque cutout holes for people to insert their faces, instantly transforming them into amusing characters.His 16 dog series was originally created as an emerging advertising strategy to engage customers with “remembrance advertising” done in 1903 for the ad firm Brown & Bigelow.This piece you have is a later print (not an original) from circa 1920 and has a current value of $30.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.