Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have inherited an antique baby doll with a bisque (I think)

Customer Question

I have inherited an antique baby doll with a bisque (I think) head and a cloth body. The arms are also bisque (attached with the cloth body material - hands broken off and missing). The eyes are rattling around inside the head. The doll is dressed in a red and beige striped dress with buttons down the back, lace trim around the neck, at the wrist of the sleeves and down the front to waist with five tiny buttons between the two rows of lace. The cloth body is glued to the bisque head and is covering part of the marks. The numerals 370 are clear. Below those numerals is lettering only part of which is visible. The visible portion reads O D E with the letter C under the D. The C has an accent mark before it (') and is slightly off center to the right. The dolls hair is probably real.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the doll and marks (also look on the back of neck or under clothes for maker marks) so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!