rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have 19 century oil painting of good quality signed strangely:

Customer Question

I have 19 century oil painting of good quality signed strangely: terco torto. May be portugese? May be invalid. what do you think
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I just sent you a pic to this query. Look at your general email ie '' . Not sure if my phone will add a file correctly.
I will not get that.You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which isCustomer It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
I only got one photo of the painting. I am not able to enlarge and see the signature clearly. When I zoom in, the signature gets bitmapped.I'd be able to help more if you could add one photo of a close up of the signature (because I might read it differently than you do) and one photo of the back of the painting.You can email again or use or use the Add Files, paper clip or camera icon on your screen (different web browsers show different icons).Thanks!
This is a Spanish or Italian still life realist painting circa late 1800's by an unknown artist. The name in several different forms did not come up as a known or listed artist, so he/she would have been a regional artist. The book LARGOS is a latin dictionary and the items in the still life represent a simple life. It is interesting that Teco Torto translates in Italian to mean Wrong With You, so that may be the title of the painting and signature (illegible) underneath. This painting has a current value of $400 to $500 as an antique European still life oil painting.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.