rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

19 inch Hertwig china doll with low brow or dolly madison hair

Customer Question

19 inch Hertwig china doll with low brow or dolly madison hair style.body is all china and covered in kid leather. hands are bisque. legs are kid leather over sawdust. l have had it given to me the christmas of 1943. belonged to a man born in 1883 and had been his Mother's' . I have named her Mrs Grist. her legs are losing their sawdust and need repair. can you give me an appraisal of her worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
You have a circa 1900 German Hertwig 19" doll with bisque head and hands, kid leather and sawdust body.These were made in blond and with black hair (same value). The value of your doll (issues noted) is $200 to $225.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.