rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My mother has just passed and while going through her things,

Customer Question

My mother has just passed and while going through her things, I found a complete set (including salt and pepper shaker) of Prince Albert fine bone china Lavender Rose pattern.
I don't know what to do with this china; I don't know what it is worth.
Any ideas would be helpful
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Lavender Rose was first intorduced by Royal Albert china (England)in 1982 and was discontinued in 2008, so it is considered vintage but not antique.A full set with serving pieces has a current value of $600 to $700.00. You can sell on you are willing to ship yourself.You can also contact a local auction house to sell it for you. You would expect 40% of the price I gave plus a 15% to 25% commission on top of that, so you might end up with $200 to $300 after all is said and done. Giving it to an auction just gets it out of your way faster.You can search this directory by zip code to find an auction near you. is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.