rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

A horse to see if it is bitossi or a copy. JA: I always love

Customer Question

a horse to see if it is bitossi or a copy.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: its red. I have one in purple also. It doesn't look like the other bitossi I have seen. Im wondering if its authentic.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: I told you already robot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My name isCustomerand I'd love to help. (<not a robot!lol.)The next step is for me to see the piece and any marks, signatures. Use the Add Files feature to add pictures. It works best if you add them one at a time rather than all at once.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No marks. No signatures.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
this is the other one, its purple. it also has a hole in the middle for firing, not solid like bitossi underneath. Its either very rare and I have two or their fakes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Red horse. supposedly bittosi by Londi. I can't find a match to it on internet, it looks different to me.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello?
I apologize for the delay, I had a connection problem on my end that is now fixed.The red one is an authentic Bittosi Italy horse designed by Aldo Londi, 1950-1959. Value $500 to $600.The purple/blue horse is a reproduction. The firing hole, glaze, type of clay exposed on the feet, and lack ofsgraffito (hand scratched into the clay) details in the harness indicate a reproduction piece. Value $75.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.