Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Ms. Wilson, JA: I always love having an appraiser look

Customer Question

Hi Ms. Wilson,
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: We have a reverse painted lamp that is signed by Pairpoint and C. Durand. the Lamp is 23" high and the shade is 18" in diameter. The base is also painted but not reversae painting and has a wooden base.Pictures are available. We also have a massive 1/2 tester hand carved bed c. 1830's, I've been told. Any thoughts as to what price these items might bring if sold? Thanks, ***** *****
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: The lamp has been rewired but the original sockets are still in place. The bed appears to have its original finish. I think both are in excellent condition.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. I can only take one type of item at a time. Most of the professionals here do the same. Which item would you like for me to assess? Please send photos. To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I'm attaching photos now. It is taking quite a long time to load each photo so I'll send 3 of the lamp and 3 of the bed for now. I will be happy to send more pictures if you have a different email address that can be used. Having used Google Photos many times to send a complete folder, it seems to work best.
Please tell me which item you want me to assess.I cannot take two unlike items in one question.Kind regards,Doris
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My apologies for sending pictures of both. apparently your entire message didn't come in. Please assess the lamp.
Thank you for the information and photos.Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.I should be back within 40 minutes.I thank you in advance for your patience.Kind regards,Doris
The Pairpoint Corporation produced beautiful reverse painted shade lamps between 1907-1929.The artist of the landscape scene is C. Durand. There is no available information for an artist with that signature. My research indicates that your lamp has a retail antiques store value of $6,000-7000 assuming good condition. A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Hi there!I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?Let me know,Kind regards,Doris