Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Two decorative plates. One mark has Carlsbad over a shield

Customer Question

Two decorative plates. One mark has Carlsbad over a shield with a lion standing on his hind legs and wears a crown. Underneath are words "China" then underneath "Austria". There is a mark that may be a number "60l" although it is strange and could be just an artistic drawing. Weird looking.
The other has Haviland in an arch then underneath that is "France". Then again Haviland & Co. The "o" is tiny and along next to the upper part of the "C" with a dot under the "o".
These are lovely plates and have a lot of gold, particularly on one.
Thank you for any help you can give me. ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. I need a bit more information about your set. For both plates:Clear photos of the marksPhotos of the patterns You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" in the blue box link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best. I also need to know the size of the plates. Please know gold does not add much to the value of a plate. Gold is too hard to extract from porcelain. Kind regards,Doris