Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a few antique pieces of furniture. How do I get them

Customer Question

i have a few antique pieces of furniture. How do I get them appraised./
JA: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: i have a double sided desk, note sure of dates and of the woodm, possible walnut.
JA: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: need to know if you need pictures, location, etc.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. I can take one item per question. I need to know more about your double-sided desk. Please send me two photos of your desk.Then, if there is a label, a photo of the label. Next tell me the size of the desk. What is the condition of the desk? I look forward to your replies. Kind regards,Doris