Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

What can you tell me about them and their value. I will try

Customer Question

What can you tell me about them and their value. I will try to attach photos. Another is an etching of Oxford
Category: Antiques
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 months ago.
Hi,my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.Can you please upload a photo of the Oxford etching?Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Jennifer I have tried to press send but I don't know if the attachments were sent, so I sent a new email with the paintings and etching to Just Answer with your name
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 5 months ago.
Good morning,I did get the photos!These appear to be four different pieces by four different artists? I'm sorry, I only handle one item per question, unless they are by the same artist.Would you like me to opt out and perhaps another adjuster will take the assignment for all four? Or you can just pick one.Sincerely,Jennifer
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Jennifer, I apologise for giving you incorrect info on the artist. After speaking to family, I now know the artist is Walter Spencer Stanhope Tyrwhitt eldest son of Richard St John Tyrwhitt of Oxford. Walter's mother died when he was born and Richard St John married a second time - and one son, Hugh settled in the Queensland outback on a station called Yandarlo. Hugh Tyrwhitt is my husband's grandfather. One paintings-1911 - done by Walter, possibly in Egypt - Damascus) and the other - scene with a cart in it - is dated 1919. Family members have various other watercolours by both Walter and his father, Richard St John. The etching - black and white - by Brewer - is because of Richard St John's connection with Oxford. See Dictionary of Biography 57. My mother-in-law was Noel Frances St John L'Estrange, nee Tyrwhitt, of Yandarlo, Tambo. Hope this helps. Jan L'Estrange
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot see who did the blue scene with the bridge, so cannot be sure if Walter did it or his wife, Ursula, who was also an artist. Jan L'E
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't mind who does the appraisal, but would like all four subjects - 3 water colours and one black and white etching to be looked at.
Thanks, I'll opt out. Another appraiser will be able to pick up the questions. I only do one item per question.Sincerely,Jennifer
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I will be happy to help assess a work of art here that you have, however I only assess one item per question here. If you would like to continue, please choose one and send the size along with a clear, in-focus image of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and close-up of the signature and or title and small print. ~Nora