Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a partial set of crystal stemware. Martini and wine/champagne

Customer Question

I have a partial set of crystal stemware. Martini and wine/champagne I believe. There is an emblem o n the base of each piece....the letter R with a crown above it. Each piece us etched with what appears to be a long piece natural stem (grass?) , some with a small 'ball' on the top. The 'stem' starts smaller toward the bottom of the glass and just slightly larger in width as it 'climbs'. These 'stems' do not go all the say to the base of the glass where the stem of the glass begins. My mother told me they may have come from Egypt as a friend of hers received them as a gift from her Egyptian husband at the time of their wedding in the 1930's...possibly HELP!!!
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 6 months ago.
HelloCan you send a picture of the mark on the stemware?