rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I believe I have a Weller Pottery vase/pitcher dated 1897.

Customer Question

I believe I have a Weller Pottery vase/pitcher dated 1897. It is signed by Madeline M. Meagan. I believe that is the artist who painted it. It is decorated with grapes and vines. How can I send a picture of the item to u to determine if it is genuine?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
This is not Weller. The word under the palette is BELLEEK.This is an American Belleek (Lenox) pitcher with the puce palette mark dating the piece to 1896. This pottery in New Jersey made blank white ware that was painted by studio artists and home artists, the latter in this case. The artist that painted it was a home artist named Madeline Meagan and she painted the pitcher in 1897.This pitcher decorated with grapes has a current value of $175.00 to $200.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.Please click the stars to accept my answer for this question.