rarewares
rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I have two Batik Canting jackets. Can you tell me what they

Customer Question

I have two Batik Canting jackets. Can you tell me what they may be worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the items.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I tried to attack have a picture and it said file was too big. Can I email you instead so I can attach the picture?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My phone just types what it wants. I tried to attach pictures
You can email to***@******.*** and put 'forCustomerin antiques' in the subject line.This way takes a few hours because admin forwards to me, so thank you in advance for some patience.
You have an batik canting jacket, a miniature beaded jacketmade in Jakarta, Indonesia within the past 20 to 30 years.These are made for the tourist trade and are sold for $60 to $75.00.So, your set of two have value of $150.00 for the pair.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We're you able to see pictures ?
Yes, there was one photo of one jacket. I assume they are similar.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I found a website that said these were worth between RP 500,000 and RP 2,000,000 which converts to $7500 and $30,000. They are very intricate and lots of pearls and semi precious gems on them. A surely stunning. Are you sure of your stated value. Also has a display box with the stands and wooden bar.
These are not worth that much.I am sorry for the disappointing information, but these are acottage industry in Indonesia and while they are hand crafted quality pieces,the value is under $100 for each jacket.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
OK thank you.
You are welcome. DO click the stars to accept my answer.