Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a painting that I cannot identify the signature.

Customer Question

Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found it about 10 years ago and just set in on a shelf. I've looked several times on the web to try to ID the signature. Probably have 10 hours trying to figure it out. Looks kind of aribic or dutch as it looks like it has a semi colon, and a dot under the letter r. At least that's what I can make of it. It measures 4" x 3" and painted on board. Looks like it was framed at some point based on the marks on the back.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, At your convenience, please send images that show the painting in full both front and back (do not remove from frame) and a very clear, in-focus, close-up of the signature. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will take some better pics tonight after work and send them. Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Great, thanks! You can send over images at your convenience, there is not a time limit here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.
Hi, At your convenience, if you can please send a more clear, in-focus, close-up image of the signature. The photo attached here is not clear enough for me to try to decipher the signature. ~Nora
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Attached are some better pics. Thank you
Expert:  Nora replied 12 months ago.
Hi There, I am not able to decipher this signature for you. I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora