Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

Diana, How are you? What is the value on this WILL BARNET

Customer Question

Hi Diana,
How are you? What is the value on this WILL BARNET signed limited poster of Persephone? I have this piece nicely matted and framed. Thanks.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Diana F. replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dina.I'm doing well. How are you? Is that hand signed or that signature printed?~Diana
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hand signed pencil. That's what I was told. How do I check for sure?
Expert:  Diana F. replied 6 months ago.
Sorry I missed your reply. I had to step out so I'm just seeing it. You should be able to tell by looking at it. A printed signature is going to look like flat ink---just like the image. A hand signature, especially pencil, is going to have a different shine or stick out from the image. You also might see impressions where it was signed (generally a pencil will make marks in the paper or you can feel the signature on the back of the print where the pencil pushed the paper)..Does that make sense?.Is the picture you sent your actual print or a sample of what yours is supposed to look like?~Diana
Expert:  Diana F. replied 5 months ago.
Hi Dina.I hadn't heard back so I thought I would check in. Could you tell if that was a printed signature or actually hand signed?~Diana