Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I found an Audubon print that I think may be the Amsterdam

Customer Question

I found an Audubon print that I think may be the Amsterdam issue. This is the large print of Lot 42 series 206 (CCXI). It measures 23" x 32" in the visible frame. It is titled "Summer or Wood Duck" The colors are very bright. I would have to remove the frame to look for a watermark. The only thing that concerns me is the number 7650 that appears above the CCXI. If that means this was print 7650 then it can't be an Amsterdam print. It is still a real nice Audubon print in a plain frame. I will remove the frame if I sell it unless I sell it locally. What appears to be tape in the 6th image is a reflection, The print is in excellent condition, Can you give me an idea of the value
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hi, At your convenience, please send clear, in-focus, close-up images of the small print at the lower left and right corners. ~Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi:AU3.jpg is the only print in the lower left. There is no printing in the lower right. Could it be the small print you need to see is hidden behind the framing? The above photos clearly show all the printing on the upper right and left of the print.
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional information. I will let you know if more needs to be seen, until then, it is not necessary to remove from framing. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Unfortunately, I am not able to definitively state if this is indeed an Amsterdam Edition Audubon print by viewing the images online here. I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am still waiting for a reply on this print