Doris - dfm925
Doris - dfm925, Pres, Owner Nashville Appraisals Corporation
Experience:  Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of Nashville Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.
19572128

Value of wright brothers signatures on single page dated Jan.

Customer Question

Value of wright brothers signatures on single page dated Jan. 21 1910 or 1916. Letterhead on page reads "Percival W.A. Fitzsimmons, Tecumseh MN."
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Doris - dfm925 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.I will be pleased to help you.Please know that I cannot accept any requests for "live conversations" such as phone calls.I give my best answers in writing when I have time to think about them.Sometimes a "Chat box" will pop-up asking if you would like a live conversation. Please know it is not from me. I researched your question before I decided to answer.Wilbur died in 1912; so, since you have a single page with both signatures, the page must be dated 1910. Orville died in 1948. Thus Wilbur's signature ($60,000) is much more valuable than Orville's ($15,000).A page with both signatures would have a retail value of $75,000-80,000.A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.I hope I have helped you.If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.Kind regards.DorisIf you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.Thank you.
Hi there!I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?Let me know,Kind regards,Doris