Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I believe I have an original unsigned oil painting by Eugene

Customer Question

I believe I have an original unsigned oil painting by Eugene von Blass. It is 8 X 15" in a very old frame. Does it have any value since it is not signed. I can email you a photo.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, May I please know why you attribute this painting to Eugene von Blass? ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I searched the internet and because of the style, the brick wall, the clothes and subject matter also that it came from Austria post WW2, it looked like a match. A local high-end antique dealer also thought from the photos I sent that it was a most likely his work.
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for the additional information. At your convenience, can you please provide a more clear, in-focus image of the painting and super close-up images of the surface so I can see the texture as well as a view of the backside. ~Nora
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not had time to do the photos yet. I will get to them tomorrow morning. Thank you so much
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hi, That is fine, you can send images over at your convenience. There is not a time limit here. ~Nora