rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a doll I can't seem to get any information on. Looks

Customer Question

I have a doll I can't seem to get any information on. Looks like early bisque with painted hair, eyes, and mouth. Only head and hands sewn into what looks like a stuffed body. Any info would be great. Thank you
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the doll (from above so I can see the face) and marks (also look on the back of neck or under clothes for maker marks) so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can't find any markings but will add pics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Head and hands only bisque the rest of body is stuffing of some sort
This is a circa 1925 Grace Putnam Bye Lo baby doll with painted eyesinstead of paperweight sleepy eyes that close when the doll is set down.The doll is intended to look like a 3-day old newborn. The head and handsare German bisque porcelain and the body is filled with sawdust.This doll has a value of $60 to $75.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I looked up those dolls and they can not be because of the way all the legs were designed. Already researched the bye lo baby doll and came back with nothing.
There were several companies that made reproductions of these dolls, which is a possibility.The company Shackman made these in the 1970's in Japan as well as a few other companies.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I was looking for an answer not a guess. My card will not be charged right
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not paying 38$ for an assumption
There should be a customer service link at the bottom of your page.The experts here use the site just like you do and have no connection to the charges or your account.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've already discussed this with the expert and i have been told where to find refund information.