Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a tiny porcelain pitcher with a crown hallmark and a

Customer Question

I have a tiny porcelain pitcher with a crown hallmark and a franc symbol with numbers 5695 beneath. It is ivory and gold with pastel pink flowers...it has a very faint green hue also, just beautiful. My brother gave it to me, and I just love it. I would love to know more about it...it is exactly 5.5 inches tall
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think I described it well enough...let me know what you find, ok?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Would you be able to send images? ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have been on this website for 2 days! I need my question answered and NO MORE CHARGES except what I will pay if I am satisfied with the experts advice...I feel a little cheated because I got no information and am being asked to spend more!My description of the article should give you all you need without using a photograph I believe?
Expert:  Nora replied 9 months ago.
Hello, Unfortunately, I personally would really need to see an image of what you have in order to properly assess it for you. I will opt-out and open your question again to all the experts at no additional charge. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response. I will not be able to respond back after opting-out I do hope you find the information that you seek. ~Nora
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your time ! :)
Expert:  rarewares replied 9 months ago.
Hello,Your description is actually not enough to assess this item.There are hallmarks from hundreds of different makers that could berepresented by the mark you described on your piece, it is necessaryto see the mark and the pitcher in order to decipher which maker this is.I do hope that explains why we ask for a photo of the item and of the mark on the bottom.You can use the Add Files feature to add the photos and then I can complete my answer for youafter I research current values.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Now I understand! I'll get a pic to you asap, thank you! (just woke up and having coffee :)
Sure, I am only on my second cup. No time limit here.
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
Hi!I thought I would follow up with you to see if you still wanted to proceed withadding pictures of the pitcher and the mark so that I can let you know whatyou have. Let me know.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes I am very interested...I work nights and have been working extra shifts and all I do is eat sleep and work through tomorrow night...I'll get caught up asap...thank you so much, you'll hear from me soon!
Great!