Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a pastel painting that I have been told is of

Customer Question

Hello! I have a pastel painting that I have been told is of some worth. It is an original with the artist's initials GLC in lower case and upper case script on the lower right portion of the painting. It is of three shadowy Native American women with teepees in the background and a fire in a caldron burning in the forefront. There is a faint date of '91 along with the artist's signature. how and where could I get this appraised? I have a picture of it on my phone that I could forward to you. Thank you for any information you can give me.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature/date/initials on this and a view of the backside (do not remove from frame). Also, what is the size? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi! It is approx. 18" x 28" .
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello again.. The picture of the back of this painting is lost.. But it was looked at by the museums and by the preserver and it is smeared with chalk. Authentic by all accounts, what to be expected in an original pastel. I could have the back removed if necessary. I thought the framer took a picture of the back, but it is erased😔Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, You do not need to remove the backing, it is not necessary. In order to help assess what you have I will need to see a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature/initials/date on this. If you had attached that image, it is not showing here on my end. ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(###) ###-####
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
Hello, I will send you the premium services offer for a phone call per your request here; however I will still need to see just one clear, in-focus close-up image of the signature/initials/date on this in order to move forward with the assessment for you. ~Nora
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is the problem.. The signature ( three initials) are so well concealed I believe I will need to have someone look at it. My camera doesn't take good enough close ups .. I will try to get a real camera and send you a picture. Thank you!
Expert:  Nora replied 5 months ago.
ok, thank you