Wayne, Auctioneer
Experience:  40 yrs. experience in antiques, jewelry, coins and paintings - ASA 1985
67223111

I have an German made anniversary clock that was giving to

Customer Question

I have an German made anniversary clock that was giving to my grandparents for their 25th anniversary in 1950. I am trying to get a value so I can ship it to my daughter
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising clocks for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me if it runs and how tall this is.Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hello Wayne,Yes it does run. It is in great shape. I just took it to a clock repair shop where they replaced the suspension spring (I think that's what it is called) as well as cleaned and oiled it. They deal with a lot of anniversary clocks and had quite a few there but, the guy told me he had never seen one like mine. The clock is still up there so I can't measure it right now. I do have the glass dome here which is 16" tall so, I am guessing overall height would be 18"Steve
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,This is German, Kieninger and Obergfell 400-Day "Anniversary" clock. This is actually 17".This would sell for $200-300 at auction. Here is a link to a similar one.https://www.antiqueclockspriceguide.com/pages/clock2131.phpThank you,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure if that sample was a good reference. It was in far worse condition than mine and did not have the correct glass dome. Also, it was from 16 years ago.
Would you have any idea what year it was made?
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,I just used this as an example. I took condition into account, I go by current market values as to what these clocks actually sell for and I try to be conservative as well. Believe it or not the market was better 16 years ago. I assume this is from the circa 1950 as you said, as most clocks this style were made i 1950s-1960s. They said 1930s but theirs is probably newer.Thanks,Wayne
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thank
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.
Hi,Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.Thanks again,Wayne