Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry

I have a 12 inch record with RCA Victor in very large letters

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 12 inch record with RCA Victor in very large letters and 2 smaller symbols of RCA on the left of center and the dog symbol on the right written underneath is THE MASTERS VOICE. There is no music on this side because it covered with small cobwebs all over it. The opposite side has a plain white label. On the top part of the label is hand written Sinatra - Shore and on the bottom part is hand written My Romance. Also there is an identifying number 15 digits and letters long. I tried through the Internet to find something similar with no luck. By the way - this is the side with music on it.
I did check out Sinatra's signature and it appears similar.
***** ***** ***@******.***
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 6 months ago.
Hello John,My name is ***** ***** I"m happy to help.Please upload clear pictures of both sides of the record, with a close-up of any signatures or other writing.Have you listened to the record?
John,You've responded by opening an additional question. Please cancel the other one by contacting***@******.*** can't respond to this question by email. You must come to the site, open the question and type in your response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Judith, I'm having a problem sending the pictures to you. No I haven't listened to the record because I don't have a turntable
I'll have a friend help me send the pictures - ***** *****
John,Please take all the time you need.Please see our help page for help uploading images. to Click "Computer".2. Double click the image you want to upload.3. Click "Start Upload".4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.If that doesn't work for you:You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Judith, here are the pictures of the record as a PNG file, I will try to save them as a JPG file and send that also.
Thank you
***** *****
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please let me know when you receive these.
Expert:  Judith-on-Antiques replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for the photos, John.That's not Sinatra's signature. What you have is a demo record. Frank Sinatra recorded My Romance for RCA Victor in 1946-1947. Your record may be a recording of Sinatra singing with Dinah Shore. They were close and it's possible they made the recording together, but she was not on the final recording.It will solve a great mystery if you could listen to the record.Can you do that and get back to me?
Hello John,Have you played the record yet? Please get back to me.