Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Photo of Elgin Pocket watch I requested an

Customer Question

Photo of Elgin Pocket watch for which I requested an insurance value. The watch was given to my late father-in-law on his 21st birthday (approx 1923) by his mother. We are not sure if it belonged to his father, grandfather, etc. Any help will be appreciated.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. There was only one picture that came with your original inquiry (blurry front).The next step would be for me to see pictures of marks on the inside of the case and the number on the movement (guts) so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will try to get better pics of the watch ASAP.
Thank you!