Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a bat autographed by hall of fame how do I know it's

Customer Question

I have a bat autographed by hall of fame how do I know it's real
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have this autographed bat wanted to know if real
Expert:  Diana F. replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** the only way to know 100% if the signatures are authentic is to have them looked at by a professional authenticator that can see it in person..We can best guess in terms of authentication, but we're very limited in that. By that I mean that I can say that it does look like a person's signature, but since I can't inspect the bat, I cannot guarantee the authenticity of an autograph.For a authentication you would have to contact an organization that does that.Two top authenticators are PSA/DNA, and James Spence Authentic (JSA). They're 2 of the go-to associations.Getting it authenticated does cost (generally around $50 to $100 per signature), so many do choose not to do that, especially with a piece that has more than 1 signature on it. But if you can verify a few it would help the overall authentication and they have been known to work deals.I can help value it based on the signatures and condition, but I can't authenticate it.Diana
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How much you think it's worth
Expert:  Diana F. replied 7 months ago.
Do you know who signed it? If not, do you have clearer pictures of the signatures? I know you sent some, but they're a bit blurry and some are hard to read..If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos..Here's another way that works really well:.Go to http://www.imgur.com.Click "Computer".Double click the image you want to upload.Click "Start Upload".When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page..ThanksDiana