Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

Silver Tray, approx 16" x 24" with the following: Carrington

Customer Question

Silver Tray, approx 16" x 24" with the following:
Carrington & Co. Military Silversmiths,***** W.
symbols: JBC, profile of lion in a square with 3 bumps on top and on bottom , face of lioness(?) in a shield, and the letter i in a rectangle with 3 bumps on the bottom.
There is one more symbol above the writing, but am not sure how to describe it.
Would it be possible to get an appraisal?
Thank you.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a good photo, but do not know how to add it to this type of message. I'll give it a try. Please bear with me.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you receive a photo?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nora?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will I be hearing back from someone?
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, My apologies for the delay, I had a medical emergency shortly after our initial correspondence. You have an English sterling silver tray. The lion indicates this is British sterling silver. The leopard's head stands for this having been assayed in London, England. The initials JBC are for the silver*****, ***** Bodman Carrington. The letter i in small case in this form with 3 lobes at the bottom of the cartouche stands for having been made in the year 1904. On today's market, your tray can sell for as high as $500 - $800. The suggested insurance or replacement value is $1000. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 11 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora