rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a Sacagawea $1 coin. I can't tell you what date or where

Customer Question

I have a Sacagawea $1 coin. I can't tell you what date or where it was minted as this information is nowhere on the coin. On the obverse side, there is simply Sacagawea holding her baby, LIBERTY on the top, In God We Trust on the left of her face. On the reverse is UNITED STATE OF AMERICA on top, $1 beneath that. The middle has a picture of arrows, with 5 tips, what looks to be 5 feathered ends however there appears to only have 4 bodies (sticks). It is loosely wrapped in some type of fabric. The letters NAUDENOSAUNEE, with GREAT LAW OF PEACE on the bottom edge. The most interesting item I see on the coin is writing on the rolled edge of this coin. It may say 2010 E PLURIBUS UNIM, and I believe I see 10 stars. Is this possible? Does it have value?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of both sides of the coin. This usually works best with no flash and strong light on one side of the coin and blocked out light on the other when taking pictures.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not sure if the pictures were added or not. I've never worked with this ap.
This is the 2010 Native American Golden Dollar composedof 8.1 grams of copper with with outer layers of brass.It is a one dollar coin that has been made since 2009-present.Each year had a different back image on it, this one beingthe image for the year 2010, Great Law of Peace.These coins from this year have a current value of $5.00.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That simple... $5.00 and I have to pay $48.00 for that info?
I use the site like you do and have no idea what you pay.I am pledged to be honest and that is what the coin is worth.I realize it is disappointing.Please understand that the ratingis for my knowledge and quick service and you are not rating the site itself.Thank you so much!
Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?Please let me know.If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'forCustomeramp;#39; so that you could get me again.Please click the stars to accept my answer for this question.