LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  25+ years experience in Antiques, Certified Appraiser, Speaker, Member of AOA, Asheford Institute Antiques,and I am an Antique Researcher

I have 2 cast iron wall hangings. Both coat of arms shields.

Customer Question

I have 2 cast iron wall hangings. Both coat of arms shields. Very heavy. One with knight on with griffen. Crown on top, two swords, and flails. Trying to figure out what they are worth.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 6 months ago.
Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help yu. I have a few questions........... are there any markings on the items? what are the measurements of these and are both the same? Thank you I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There are no markings that I can find. Is there a specific place I should look? They appear to be welded on the back side. Looks hand made. Heights 27" width 23". Weight around 15 pounds. Swords and flails are detachable.
Hi markings usually would have been on back side and easily readable. If not marked that is fine also as they were made for props, decor, several ways these were made and used. Thank you I will post back here promptly when done
Hello, these were done for decoration. You will find a lot of these at Renaissance fairs, restaurants, man caves things of this nature. The value on a set of these currently in today's market is $185-250.00 Roughly 2'x 2' these were made in pairs and hung together with nice medieval swords hung in between. They accented the center main piece. By the way this one is designed I would say the year made if late 1980s early 1990. Very nice piece.****If I have answered all your questions and helped you please rate my answer as this is how I am paid from the site. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer it is just how I am paid from the site. Thank you :At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars:1 or 2 stars are that I have not helped you in answering 3-4 I have helped you yet not completely and 5 stars are I have answered you and been fully helpful. If you still have questions please allow me to help you fully before rating with the stars. I enjoy helping customers and do my best to fully answer all questions.