Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a small wooden stave pail with a tin top, handle and

Customer Question

I have a small wooden stave pail with a tin top, handle and two tin bands around the pail. It is approximately 6 l/4 in. tall, top is 6 in. dia.and bottom is 6 3/4 in. in diameter. What is it called and what is it worth?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The picture does not show that it tapers from top to bottom and appears to have been painted at one time and the paint removed.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, You have a primitive 19th century sugar bucket pail; they are sometimes referred to as a firkin and they can also be used for measures. This is a nice iron and wood example that still has its original lid. This can sell for $200 - $275. If it still had the original paint, it could have reached up to $400. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora