Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017
71377891

We have an old solid dark walnut poker table that needs refinishing

Customer Question

We have an old solid dark walnut poker table that needs refinishing and are wondering how much it might be worth and what we should spend on having it done. We intend to keep the table. The current finish was a professional polyester job done in the fifties.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images. If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 7 months ago.
Hello, Antique poker tables sell for an average of $600 - $900 and some exceptional, ornate tables sell for up to $2000. The price of restoration would really depend on the extent of any damage, work to be done and the price charged by the individual restorer. Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating. ~Nora