rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I have a Tiffany Pocket watch Hunting Case Circa 1908. Serial

Customer Question

I have a Tiffany Pocket watch Hunting Case Circa 1908. Serial Number 118698. It is in good working condition and pristine. Any idea what it would be worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help. There was only one picture that came with your original inquiry of the dial.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the marks on the inner case and to see the movement so that I can get visual clues of the date and value.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The watch has engraving on the inside that is dated 1908, so i would suspect that the watch was made in 1908 or earlier.
Expert:  rarewares replied 5 months ago.
This is a circa 1907 Tiffany and Co hunter case size 16s or 18s pocketwatch in 18k gold case with matching movement and case.This watch has a current value of $4,000 to $5000. If the chain that I see in the photos is also 18k gold, then youcan add $1300 to $1500 to the value. These are not always originalto the watch, and many are gold-filled for endurance, so look for marks on the chain ends.It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.
I do not participate in the live phone call service. That was an automated pop-up, sorry about that.DO click the stars to accept my answer on the watch, thanks!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you agree with what some others have told me that this is a real Tiffany made watch? I understand that Tiffany only made their own watches for a limited period of time before they started having other fine watch makers start making them for them, like Patek, Longiness etc. It seems that this watch is a real Tiffany made watch as it is triple Tiffany signed in all 3 areas, the dial, the case and the movement, and has no other non-Tiffany signatures. I understand these watches are rarer. Where would be the best place to sell this to get the most money?
There is no doubt that this is an authentic Tiffany watch.Tiffany watches from this time period also had movements made by Agassiz, which are also rare.T0 sell this watch, it would do best in a specialty auction. The best pocket watch auctioneers right now are should be a contact link on their website for consignments.Good luck!It is important for you to click the stars to accept my answer.