Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

My name is ***** *****. I have found an old spoon while metal

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have found an old spoon while metal detecting on my family homestead (circa 1869) I do not think it is silver as it has a brown patina all over. However it appears to have a "Hallmark" none of the symbols of which I can find.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Would the "hallmark" be of use?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hallmark is as follows a Capital D in a shaded recessed field. Followed by a Crown .Next is a stylised box or star within something that looks like brackets .Next is a round object with a bunch of horizontal lines and lastly a sideway shield with the letters NS and a crown over the letters within the shield,
Expert:  rarewares replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name isCustomerand I would love to help.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the item and these marks you have described.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!