Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have,a,Seth Thomas mantle clock over 100 years old. It takes

Customer Question

I have,a,Seth Thomas mantle clock over 100 years old. It takes 2 keys to wind it. The face sats, "SETH THOMAS SONORA CHIME". Can you give me a ballpark figure on what it is worth?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  rarewares replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The Seth Thomas Sonora Chime came in different models, cases and configurations; all after about 1912 when Thomas bought the rights to the Sonora patent.The next step would be for me to see pictures of the clock so that I can see which one you have.Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures (one at a time) and I will be able to complete my answer, thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.I see you requested a New Answer. Unfortunately, because there are so many different Seth Thomas Sonora Chime clocks, with widely varying values depending on the style, it's just not possible to even give yo a ballpark number with any accuracy, without seeing an image.