Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I have a Lady Sheffield artist G.Kikend no. M.Z.624.

Customer Question

I have a Lady Sheffield artist G.Kikend no. M.Z.624. Published 1912 by the Fine Arts Pub Co. Of London. I am trying to find the value of this painting it is also signed.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, You have a framed mezzotint print. A print is done in multiples, whereas a painting is one-of-a-kind. The 1912 published image is based on an 18th century painting. The signature pertains to the person who executed the mezzotint print, and not the original 18th century artist who did the original painting. Depending on the size, this can sell for $40 - $120 on today's market. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora