Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

Looking to identify my great grandmother's doll. Bisque face,

Customer Question

Looking to identify my great grandmother's doll. Bisque face, pierced ears (the hole on the right ear is not in the right place - , back of head marked 60. , then what looks of be a capital cursif 'Q.'Eyes stay open, open mouth with 6 teeth, dimpled chin. Not a baby, probably a young girl. Hair is almost gone but was blond (I don't know what the hair is made of but the one curl that is left is a little shiny.) There's a hole on either side of her head with some twine through them to which the arms, legs and head are held together. The top of the arms and legs are wood and so are the balls in the joints. The bottom of the arms appear to be made from the same material that the body is made from. I don't see any marking on the body but it has tape on it where someone tried to help it hold together. My great grandmother was born in the 1860's in Lynn, MAssachusetts. Hope you can help me out. Thanks very very much. Bonnie
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.
Hello, In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to see images and clear, in-focus close-ups of the mark If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end. Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here. ~Nora