Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I have a old oil painting with no markings on it. What is the

Customer Question

I have a old oil painting with no markings on it. What is the best way to find the value.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 7 months ago.
Good day my name is***** am a Certified IRS Qualified Fine and Decorative Art Appraiser. It will be a pleasure to put my expertise, libraries, resources, and experience in the field to work for you. With art the value is driven by the strength of who painted it. If the painting is unsigned e have to go on the quality of the work and the the current market for the style and subject matterIt would help if I can see more images of the painting. One of the whole work front straight on and one of the whole back.Here are instructions on how to send photos to this site. Go to: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-Or you can email them to***@******.*** attention Tim in antiques.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here are some more pictures
Thank you for the additional photographs. The painting appears to be a early 19th century Italian School floral still life. As an unsigned painting it has an estimated auction value of $250.00 to $500.00 and an insurance replacement value of $500.00 to $650.00. Cheers & Ciao Timothy