Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience:  Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2017

I would like to have a ball park figure of a German porcelain

Customer Question

I would like to have a ball park figure of a German porcelain doll.
Can you tell me what you charge to do this please?
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have additional pictures. The back of the head reads: made
1/2 Germany 15 1/2She is 27/28 inches long. Her eyes open and close. She is missing the forefinger finger of her left hand. One shoulder is damaged. There is minor crackling of the composition covering over the top part of the torso. Her body is wood perhaps? She is completely jointed...elbows, wrists...etc.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, What are the numbers next to the Made in Germany mark, 152? ~Nora
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hi, Your 28" bisque head doll with sleeper eyes and open mouth on jointed composition body was made after 1892 by Kestner of of Waltershausen, Thuringia, Germany. This is one of the larger sized dolls and with wig and costume with the body in good condition, the 28" Kestner 164 sells for a high average of $900 - $1600 at auction. With just body and head, with cracking to the composition body, she sells for a high of $100 - $150 on today's market. ~Nora
Expert:  Nora replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance? Please let me know. Sincerely, Nora